Lead to copper water main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have extended my kitchen and now need to move my water main as it comes up in the middle of my kitchen now. The pipe is lead and joins to 15mm copper to main stop tap. I need to remove the small amount of copper before the stop tap to enable me to lower the pipe to extend it under the floor joists. How easy is lead to join to copper? I know in an ideal world I would run a new blue pipe back out to stop tap in road but I want to avoid digging up my front garden.
Also my incoming supply is only 15mm to stop tap and the pipe work running up to my bath is 22mm. Is the 22mm really any use if the pipes before it are only 15mm? The reason I ask as this also needs relocating.
I can so basic plumbing by the way... Well kinda :) [/list]

Sponsored Links
Larger pipe work will reduce pressure loss through the system - but increase the volume of water lying around.

Whether it is a benefit depends on the type of system and the pressure it has.

It is very easy to join lead to copper - but because it is a mechanical fitting, putting it under a floor is a bit daft.

Larger pipe work will reduce pressure loss through the system - but increase the volume of water lying around.

Whether it is a benefit depends on the type of system and the pressure it has.

It is very easy to join lead to copper - but because it is a mechanical fitting, putting it under a floor is a bit daft.

I dont have anyway around the joint being under the floor boards. Any other suggestions?

The 22mm pipe runs litratly about 2 meters straight.... I can't see any befit from that? Can there?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back