Leaf blower to suck up plums

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have what I think is a Damson Plum tree in our garden which overhangs a large portion of our lawn. Each summer it drops hundreds and hundreds of small plums, more the size of a cherry onto the lawn, and these have to be picked up before moving, which usually leaves me with a very sore back :)

I've tried various approaches from just picking them up to attempting to rake them into piles and it's always a chore.

I know some leaf blowers also act as a garden vaccum to suck up leaves etc. and I was wondering whether a one of these would be powerful enough to suck up the cherry-sized plums from my lawn ?

If so, any recommendations on which one to get ? If not, any other bright ideas (other than chopping the tree down !) to solve my back ache ?!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Sponsored Links
14922GrabX.jpg

They're pretty small plums - cherry-sized, I reckon it would take me longer trying to pick em up with one of those :)

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing these other suggestions mean that a leaf blower / vaccum won't be powerful enough to suck up the cherry-sized plums ?!

LOL :D Quiet Sunday evening ;) I like the last suggestion the best !

Trouble with the Henry's and the like is that they use bags, not sure if they can be used without them . . .

Been thinking about one of those Karcher DIY Vacuums that our mate Tommy Walsh advertises on the DIY channels - anyone used one of these ? They're intended to pick up small bits of rubble / plaster and the like, so would imagine they could pick up a cherry ! Again, not sure if they use bags or not though . . .

The problem with some of the blower/vaccuum's is that they also shred the stuff they suck up so may get messy. I also have a couple of Henry vacs for work and never use a bag with them and I just take the lid off and empty the drum

The problem with some of the blower/vaccuum's is that they also shred the stuff they suck up so may get messy. I also have a couple of Henry vacs for work and never use a bag with them and I just take the lid off and empty the drum

see i told you and what thanks do i get

A standard shop-vac in 'wet mode' seems like it could work well. Need a good clean!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back