Leak from shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into an old house that I have renovated. Nothing is straight and the entire bathroom is on a slight slope. I have a shower over the bath and a shower curtain. On using the shower for the first time I noticed that water runs along the back of the bath where the bath meets the wall, and then runs down the side of the bath and creates a huge puddle on the floor. Is there some way that I can prevent this happening without just making some ugly barrier?

Sponsored Links
Put a spirit level on your bath and get it level with its feet.

This is quite common, and infact I found the same problem in my bathroom.
One day I shall do what Joe-90 suggested, but in the meantime, I just put a couple of those flat absorbent sponges down the gap just before where the water would spill over, and it is enough to soak it up. and it doesn't look bad either

Sponsored Links
Genius: on both counts. I will start with the sponges and realign the bath once I've had a break from the non-stop DIY!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back