leak on the filling loop connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace the rubber washer where the filling loop connects the iso valve (can't stop it dripping )on the return side under the boiler. Can I do this by draining just the boiler or do I need to drain all the system down? (Baxi Duo-tech 28 HE A)

Sponsored Links
So it's just the flow and return iso valves on the boiler off and that's it?
Are they special washers or any rubber washer.

Thank's Theweeknd

would be either flow/return and the cold feed ( the two iso valves that connect that pipe)

they are not special no, one out of my aldi washer kit worked.

Sponsored Links
A pic would help.

Are you saying that it is leaking at the end of the braided hose that goes from one valve on the cold water main to the other valve that's connected to the flow/return pipe on the boiler? Are both black valve taps at 90deg to the pipe direction?

Screenshot (35).png

It's like this the copper 90-degree bend leaking on the brass nut that is screwed to the return iso valve on the right

will be an olive not a rubber washer then

You can replace the olive ( isolate that valve)
ptfe on the olive
or you can get a few ptfe liquids nowadays too.

The copper end is like this I did change it about 12 month ago when I was changing a rad but I drained down the system.
don't want to do that if I can get away just draining the boiler. I tried the iso valve but water still came out.

IMG_6321.JPG

You need a fibre washer on that fitting to make the seal.
If the isolator will not close the supply to that elbow then drain down.

Thanks, guys just watched a youtube video I have now drained the boiler turned all iso valves off and opened the white drain valve on the boiler not much water loss this is the washer that was leaking so I will replace with a fibre one.

Thank's again
IMG_6326.JPG

Careful then, if you replaced that a year ago then you have overtightened it, causing the washer to become damaged.

It just needs to be finger tight then 1/4 to 1/2 a turn and that should be plenty.

Thank's Madrab
Yes kept tightening to stop the leak yesterday but it got worse so did it just now all sorted now thank's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back