Leak options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just finished installing an electric boiler for my radianf floor system. The boiler loop is 1-1/4" copper. All my solder connections are leak-free. I have two spots that the threaded connections leak past the teflon pasted threads.

This is a low pressure (15 psi) system. What are my options for getting rid of these leaks other than the obvious reheating and breaking the preceding solder joint to tighten the threads further?

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
A quality installation would always have a union style connector associated with threaded joints to prevent the problem you are now finding.

Maybe you should add a compression coupler to enable you to work on it?

Tony

Thanks Tony.

The problem is I would need unions for the in-flow and out flow of the boiler, at both sides of the pump, at the air-purge, and at the two shut-offs, all are threaded connections. Is there thing as too many unions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back