leaking baxi barcelona.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone come across the return manifold leaking water,its probaly due to poor water quality.
is this an easy repair ?.probaly just o rings if 10mm nuts undo,very corroded.
this one has leaked water so much the fan and wiring has got wet,i would like to save it for this young couple,but it looks bad.boiler drained and made safe now.
i have similar worcester cbi.s leaking as poor water quality.
thanks all.

Sponsored Links
You will find the info in the manu instructions. Main thing is to isolate the boiler from electric and gas before draining the boiler. It is a red oring which needs replaced and are usually off the shelf available,(must be something to do with then failing). I had to do mine and took about 3/4 of an hour all in.

The Barcelonas the condensing one isnt it?

I had one of these the week before x mass and was a night mare.

Was dripping inside the boiler from the manifold on the right hand side next to the gas valve.

Ordered the red seal for it and began to remove it, 1st nut i undid the head snapped off it, leaving the bolt in the heat exchanger!!, not even a tiny bit i could grab and give a go at turning.

So I had to put in a new heat exchanger, so began removing the old one, undid lots of things and the main flow and return connections (flow black plastic push fit with flow switch on it, return metal connector also push fit)

The flow came off with a fight and broke on its way out, and the return was a Bucking nightmare, nearly 2 hours with a blow torch wd40 and stilsons, was unbeliveble.

All in all the gas valve packed in 2 hrs after it was all done (suspect a little water got in there) so had to do that also the next day.

Bear in mind I was origionaly called out for lock out due to condensate trap being faulty, and spotted the smallest of drip in the combustion chamber lol.

Is it the main Return pipe from the back of the pump manifold up to the (steel!!) adapter on the upper rear side of the heat exchanger? Leaking from the compression joint? How did I know that??!!

Sponsored Links
yes it was the lower return manifold dripping,to save them some money i used sentinal internal leak sealer and now no more leaks,dried out fan and renewed door seals.
checked it yesterday and all still dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back