Leaking boiler after pressuring what have I done?

ok thanks i understand now should the engineer have checked this when he serviced it, i was surprised because he did`nt do alot to the boiler he ran the hot water went outside to the gas meter then went outside to the flue and that was it he did`nt even take the front off the boiler

Unfortunately alot of BG engineers dont take pride in the work they do and just do the bare minimum to pass safety checks and they are gone.

Sponsored Links
If the cover did not even come off, the boiler was not service, it's as simple as that.

well the thing is if it breaks down its guaranteed so its got to be fixed now theres a thought when he had finished he said do you want me to check your rads and pipes i said they`re not included its boiler only he packed his gear away and left was he being generous or was it summats else????

The problem with not servicing the boiler is that it deteriorates faster. What are you going to do when you get a letter when the boiler is 10 years old telling you that the insurance will be discontinued?

Sponsored Links
yeh i know it gets harder to get boiler insurance the older it gets, what should i do ring bg and complain

Read your contract first, chances are that it does not specify a service is part of the service, and that you are only entitled to a safety check.

this is strange i have just looked at the paper work when we took out homecare 100, we started it on 17/03/09 and it was serviced on that day so was the one last month just a safety check, according to the t&cs you only get an annual service, whats going on i wonder

this is strange i have just looked at the paper work when we took out homecare 100, we started it on 17/03/09 and it was serviced on that day so was the one last month just a safety check, according to the t&cs you only get an annual service, whats going on i wonder

BG have fecked up, might explain why he didnt do much if it had already been checked that year. Homecare 100 is boiler and controls isnt it? If so get them back to do the EV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back