leaking flat concrete roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat concrete roof about 2m by 1.5 and its leaking somewhere. I cleaned all the moss and other crap off yesterday and i can't find where the leak is. So I'm thinking it best to just waterproof the whole thing. The surface is really uneven and seems to be a concrete/small stone mix. There are a few ponds that may need evening out too.

My question is, whats the best way to waterproof it? Felt/Asphalt/Bitumen or some kind of liquid sealant that i can trowel/roller on? The surface is quite dusty and very rough so it may be a problem and i'm aware it may need priming first. It has a slight angle for run off and a groove cut in about 1" from the south side to catch water and direct it to an embedded drainpipe. I also have some mastic so seal it from the inside.

I've never done anything like this before but i don't really have and 'spare' money to pay someone to do it so any help would be most appreciated. Thanks guys. Great forum.

Sponsored Links
Google " Acrypol " and you will soon find an online supplier who sells the primer as well as the coating :idea: You`ll need the primer on the dusty concrete - and I wouldn`t trust any " builder`s merchant" to have the primer in stock :rolleyes: - Just my personal opinion ;)

I've never done anything like this before but i don't really have and 'spare' money to pay someone to do it so any help would be most appreciated. Thanks guys. Great forum.
Contact 'Rockbond' they have products for priming/refurbishing concrete pads. Don't expect to do it on the cheap if you want it to last more than a couple of years.

Screw some ply to the concrete then the covering of your choice.

Sponsored Links
I was also advised that cromapol is the best stuff to use by a roofer i just met. Anyone know if its any good? Thanks guys.

I would agree with Alistair,
Clean the roof of, new decking screwed down, option of firring strips to increase fall.
Epdm roof over.
How long will patching and repairing last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back