leaking heating manifold Vokera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had a leak for years and have just found a possible cause. Water around return circ pipe at union to heating manifold.I don,t think it,s the connector, but some other part. ^ months ago, flow switch was not operating, pin was stuck, so I relieved it, and it,s operated since, fan idling ok now.however, I never noticed a leak. I put Fernox F4 in system 6 days ago, and just noticed the leak, coincidence likely.Apart from diaphragm,which seems ok, where is most likely point of escape".auto bypass"?? It,s ok till I top over 0.5 bar, then it leaks back to 0.5 and plods along. Any advice much appreciated.Vokera RS20-80 Flowmatic.17 years old." NEW BOILER" or what?

Sponsored Links
I would say a service is required. That should get the boiler working.

I would say a service is required. That should get the boiler working.
Hi, DP. It,s serviced every year by Homeserve::: However, when I phoned them to report the microswich wasn,t working, they claimed. 1 Not part of contract, althouh it,s a boiler contract.2 The fan is not supposed to work when idle;; Wasn,t happy so will not be renewing, 5 years with them. It looks like the "o" ring or diaphragm leaking. just topped up and checked again cold.slight water under diaphragm, probably what caused the pin to stick. I did that myself.Been leaking years, they said it was likely rad valve;my a;;e.Reckon a service when weather picks up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back