Leaking Kitchen Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen mixer tap is leaking from the cold outlet only. I can screw back the chrome barrel, but it can't be removed due to the right-angled lever The water is coming out of this chrome barrel. Is there a packing gland behind this barrel and how do you get at it. Can anyone please help.

Attachments

• IMG_8383.JPG
    IMG_8383.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8384.JPG
    IMG_8384.JPG
    326.8 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
You would have to remove the operating lever ,then remove the chrome cover , to gain access to the valve. The valve can be replaced ,but there are many variations and you will need to source a match to yours.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I tried to remove the lever, but it wouldn't budge. Does the top part screw off and leave a small stub to the side of the barrel

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your reply, I tried to remove the lever, but it wouldn't budge. Does the top part screw off and leave a small stub to the side of the barrel
Possibly ,it may have a grub screw to remove too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back