Leaking mixer tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Was hoping someone could advise on this. We have a mixer tap installed in thekitchen whereby you lift and move the lever left or right for hot and copld etc.However, recently there is now a leak occurring from underneath the handle when lifting and turning it to the hot side.

Would someone be able to advise on how I can remove the tap head and look inside to see what needs replacing ? I am assuming it uses the disks rather than washers.

I have included 2 pictures of the tap, the second showing the location of the leak from underneath the middle of the lever part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Barrie

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Pop the blue & red plastic disk out of the front of the tap and the shoule be a screw or allen headed nut under there.

Rico

Sponsored Links
Have just removed the plastic cap but there is nothing behind it.You can just see into the body of the tap.

Is there anything else I can try ?

The allen nut maybe behind the body of the tap usuall making it really difficult to remove. If it only occurs when you use the tap my guess is the O ring has gone rather than the ceramic discs. Either way not easy to fix. If still under warranty take it back....

Another thing you could try, if there is no visible screw.

Turn the water off and turn the handle all the way round and just try pulling off. Try both ways.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back