Leaking Pressure Reducing Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just moved into new house and discovering old leaks. I now have an old megaflow system. There is a fair leak coming from the pressure reducing valve (RWC 3 bar), looks most similar to 3.312C series. I think it's between cold feed inlet to megaflow tank, also 3rd connection to larger diameter pipe. Do I need to get the valve replaced or does it indicate a fault somewhere else?

cheers

Craig

Sponsored Links
When was it last serviced?
This is an element that should be tested yearly during a service.
If the pressure was allowed to increase it may affect the expansion vessel.
Get it serviced replaced.
Pete

Supposedly serviced February this year. House has been vacant for several months but when moved in found rag soaking up leak. Got an over the phone quote after describing leak got back what seems standard £75 per hour, looking at 1 hour job but didn't include part as didn't think one would be required?

Also leak lessens when CH switched on or hot water taps opened.

Some of these valves are servicable, the cost to replace about £50 plus one hour labour max.
If you can get a fixed price all the better.
We would charge the same rember you are in London lol.

The leak would reduce as the flow is unrestricted with a hot outlet open.

Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back