Leaking pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I have a Vokera compact 24 and the small cap at the side of the pump is leaking (image below). My girlfriend says she topped up the pressure until the bar needle was way into the red. I wasn't there so I don't know how bad it was. Can anyone tell me if this is replaceable and what is it called?

Also thinking of cleaning/removing flow restrictor. If it can be removed why is it there?
Is an o ring the same as a fibre washer?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying.

The leak is coming from the cap on the left side of the pump. I have removed the cap and checked the o ring and it looks fine. I had a look at this before a couple of years ago.
Is it possible that I just didn't put it back on properly and the extra water pressure has shown this weakness. I tried to put it back in a couple of mins ago and it doesn't have an obvious thread and it wants to go in at an angle.

I don't have a problem doing this. I did know the difference between the o ring and fibre ring I just didn't know I knew if you know what I mean.

This is a non moving part generally so I wouldn't imagine that the o ring would have any wear.
I had to unscrew this cap to get it off despite there being no thread - how do I put it back in properly? Is this a thread type I'm not familiar with?
Guess I just baby it back in till it fits right.

Sponsored Links
Scratch that. The cap just pushes in which means the o ring and the pin are doing all the work. I will replace the o ring and see what happens. Unless you have a better idea.

Oops, sent that last message before I got your reply. I'll do what you suggest. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back