Leaking Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have ahouse which is 6 years old and am having problems with 2 leaking radiators. One is leaking from the valve so I have the radiator permanently turned off which stops the leak. the other leaks from the valve area when turned off but is ok when turned on.Any advise on how best to resolve-i have bought one new valve but need advise on how to drain system etc

thankyou

Sponsored Links
Is your system sealed or open vented?

You may be able to stop the leaks by taking the covers off the radiator valves, and tightening the nut round the spindle a little.

Are the rads upstairs or down..what heating system do you have Gas.. oil solid fuel?? We need to know a bit more as to giving you advice.!!

We need to know a bit more as to giving you advice.!!

No we don't. My advice, change to electric, no leaks - no problem. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
HOW DO I FING OUT IF SYSTEM IS SEALED OR OPEN VENTED.
CENTRAL HEATING IS GAS FUELED AND LEAKING RADIATOR VALVES ARE BOTH DOWNSTAIRS.
DO I NEED TO TURN OFF ELECTRIC AND GAS TO DRAIN SYSTEM

Oh dear,aajj SHOUTING now, :)

Have you done what Oilman said yet ?
oilman said:
You may be able to stop the leaks by taking the covers off the radiator valves, and tightening the nut round the spindle a little.
oilman said:
My advice, change to electric, no leaks - no problem.
That's funny,Breezer doing that now,using a electric fan heater instead of his combi. :oops:

have tried tigtening no luck need valves replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back