Leaking shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My acrylic shower tray has 5 adjustable feet underneath. These are centred around the middle of the tray leaving the sides with no extra foot support.
The plumbing firm I have had out have now been round 3 times and are now telling me that the tray is no use and I need a new one (why didn't they tell me this the first time?). Anyway, the result is that I still have a leak which is coming from one side of the shower tray where this meets the wall.

It has been resealed a few times now, holds for a few days then breaks again causing the leaking water. Are there any flexible sealant products i can use which accommodate an approximate 1mm gap between the tray and the wall tiles when someone enters the shower?

Many thanks

Gillian

Sponsored Links
You could try one of those tape sealants that polycell do. It comes on a roll but it has it's own problems if you are trying to seal to tiles where the grout isn't flush with the surface of the tiles.

-Neil

If you could get underneath the tray to where the gap is try expanding foam, let it cure cut down on the upper of the tray if necessary then seal using silicon.

Done this before and it held fine.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back