leaking sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello ive noticed that when i use the hot water tap on the bathroom sink the water runs down the tap and creates a puddle then leaks underneath the sink. ive had to put a towel behind the back of the sink as everytime i use it now it leaks. Is this expensive to fix and will i need new taps/pipes? sorry dont have a clue when it comes to stuff like this!!

Sponsored Links
Might need a new tap, though try cleaning off any limescale build up at the spout first. It might be that the plastic flow straightener in the end of the spout is missing, allowing the water to run back along the tap.

If you need new taps fitted make sure the sealing washer is located correctly where the base of the tap sits on the basin. Taps, ( www.screwfix.com will give you an idea of prices), should fit onto the existing pipes so fairly straightforward job to change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back