leaking stop valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
to repair the leak, i need to turn off the supply outside its the new plastic type with out the meter, also i beleave its shaired? the question is how do i turn it off and do i need spiecal tools for it?

Sponsored Links
should be a key in there for you to turn. If the neighbour comes out shower covered in shampoo you'll know its a shared supply. :oops:

Sponsored Links
gilstev said:
thanks but theres no key :(
:eek:

You don't say :!:

You will have to borrow one from a plumber or purchase one from a plumbers merchant.
When you have the key you will probably have to clear mud out of hole in order to get the key located on the valve. :cry:
Good luck ;)

thanks to you all, but its all made out of plastic its like a threaded hexagen head on it? :LOL:

Not on my manor it ain't kev. NB it's a meter box.. Here the key sits on a plastic black nut sorta thing, which has a screw in the middle. I think it's about 17mm hex. It turns several turns.
I don't carry one because there's nearly always one in there under the insulator - which is sometimes missing. If you find there isn't one, borrow one from one of the neighbours' boxes.

:oops: yes it was a communal mains valve as the water board told me :LOL: really they where knocking on my door :LOL:

I've a leaking stop valve. How did you fix yours - replace the entire thing? Can I use one of those plastic Plumbeasy taps, or do I need to put in a brass one and solder?

Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back