Leaking toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys,

my toilet is leaking from the back of the pan, the pan connector rubber keeps popping out, ive put it back in place but is not sealing properly.

ive been told to buy a flexible pan connector will this sort the problem out?

i think its just a faulty rubber sealer on the pan connector so im hoping it should be ok, wasnt sure if there was anything else i could do once the flexible is on to secure it further?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Yep-if its an oldish pan connector just change it for a new multi-qwik then the seal should be good. ;)

hello

the thing is it a new pan connector but it was cheap one from Focus as that was all that was open at 4pm on a saturday. as soon as i put it on the rubber sealent caved in and i had to pop the top off an dput it back into place so i assume its faukty from the start. Sent the father in law to plum city to get a flexible pan connecter so hopefull that will seal properly

well had fun last night i must say.

Fitted the flexible pan connector which sorted the leak, result!!

BUT then went to put the water inlet copper pipe into the cistern and the whole pipe came out in my hand , looked under th bath and it had come away from a soldered joint under the bath, had to get a plumber out at 7pm to get it sorted lol

not good at all

Sponsored Links
well i was very lucky actually, the plumber is afriend of my father in law and he normally charges but not full rates but he turned around and said just buy me abottle of wine!!

so i got him a bottle of wine and gonna give him £20 to get a drink on me. The guys a life saver.

he is coming back tonight to replace the donut washer under the cistern and to secure the toilet cistern to the wall usinga piece of wood as i got plasterboard walls and the screws wont stay on there own

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back