Leaks from diaphragm on Brittoni 11 T. Big shame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Hi Guys,
I've been called to replace diaphragm on brittony 11T,ballanced flue w/heater.customer said as cheap as possible.In the last two years she changed the diaphragm on every annual service(just in case... ).
Bought the diaphragm only,change it,on all three attempts to reassembly it I had leaks from the body around the screws.At all times I had the diafragm pointig downwards
Then she called another guy,he changed the full diaphragm kit,no leaks,job sorted.
I feel so bad,I just couldn't do an easy 20minutes job...
- What I've done wrong????
- Should I change the full diafragm kit or there is another little trick I don't know about???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Might be teaching ya to suck eggs but just make sure face are clean an diaphragm is in the right position also have the 2 face more or less matched up so when you push them together you get first couple of screws in without anything moving off its seating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back