Leaks...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the biggest leak you've come across while on the job ? In work today a call came over the radio from the canteen staff there`s a small leak coming through the ceiling. We headed over and traced the leak to the kitchen two floors above... A 28mm compression elbow blown straight off so 28mm full flow with a 6m Jet across the kitchen with no service valve in site, in the 10 minuites it took to get access to the roof to shut off the tank it had flooded every room on all 3 floors, blown all electric and triggered the fire alarm direct to the fire service. All because the nice polish worker unscrewed the basin and left it resting on a wet floor sign which he then kicked over, Hilarious but completely SOAKED

Sponsored Links
a 2" gas into a u25 when thieves stole the meter & govenor and as mush cu. pipe downstream before the stench got too much. Ill take a live 28mm mains over that any day, as I had my hand over it for an hour before Transco made safe. I don't carry 2" iron caps all pasted up! The whole warehouse was barely breathable. That was a while back though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back