Leaky Compression Joints and Basin Wrenches

Its not "locking compound" - its not for locking the threads together as in "thread lock".

Hawk white is only for use on gas and central heating systems.

Use a compound for potable (hot and cold sanitary) water. There are several around some much better than others. :)

Sponsored Links
Gasguru said:
Its not "locking compound" - its not for locking the threads together as in "thread lock".

Hawk white is only for use on gas and central heating systems.

Use a compound for potable (hot and cold sanitary) water. There are several around some much better than others. :)

No need for compounds of any kind on Compression fittings.

With GG on this, COnex fittings need nowt if they're new, but some of the imports are awful.
I checked recently for gas. Conex etc don't say you can't use a compound.

Liquid ptfe in tins with a brush is quite good.

ChrisR wrote

Liquid ptfe in tins with a brush is quite good.

The aerosols are good also and quick. The tightning torque needed is drastically reduced and I find 8 bar a good test with only a few ever needing a small tweaking up if they weep.
Compounds ?. Not for me thankyou. At least not on anything related to smallbore domestic sizes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back