Lean to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

Im new to the forum, and have a few questions regarding my lean to that I hope I can get some opinions on from more experienced DIYers than myself.

For the past few years, the lean to hasn't been doing much apart from housing the wife's rabbit (no inuendo intended!) The rabbit has now gone to the burrow in the sky and Im looking to improve the lean to, but on a very tight budget. (Ideally it would be knocked down and rebuilt, but this isn't really an option.)

My first problem is that there is a crack in the wall of the lean to. If you get the angle right you can see daylight from inside! :eek: pics below.

Inside.jpg

Outside.jpg

Is there anything I can do to rectify this?

I would like to render over the brick work for aesthetics, but I know the crack would damage the render if the crack isnt fixed first. The crack was there when we bought the house, and hasn't gotten any worse over time.

My second issue is the roof.

Bearing in mind I have a tiny budget, what would you DIYers recommend to replace it with?

Leanto.jpg

Any help, suggestions or pointers would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Nick

Sponsored Links
It looks like its just built off a slab which is why it cracked but if its not got any worse then use some EML before you render over the crack. Unless you're going to replace the glazing with anything more substantial I'd look at polycarbonate for the roof, anything else will probably bring the lot down.

Bolt a couple of stainless steel straps across it prior to rendering (scrape back some of the plaster inside and put a matching strap in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back