LED goes out after a while on a 6-wire VIPER GLX system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As we have just replaced all our wooden frame windows with uPVC necessitating temporary removal of 18x 20yo Weyrad Viper 3s,thought I'd replace old VIPER 3 shock sensors with new GLX ones retaining the 6-wire connection. Mostly OK except that the GLX LEDs flash for an hour or two then fade. I think the 12V/0V connections are sound. Any clues on what else to check?

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm concerned, Viper LEDs have a mind of their own!! :D

They should go out (if they're lit) when you tap them and come back on a couple of seconds later. What they do over the long term is anyone's guess...

Sponsored Links
Panel 20 year old too? Could be panel struggling to supply power to everything, or panel with resettable fuses, either of these could gradually overheat and drop voltage to the sensors.

Thanks guys. I think the cause was wrong setting of DIL2. I had copied the setting on a couple of VIPER GLs on the old system and left DIL2 off but re-read the cryptic installation instructions for 6-wire and set DIL2 on; seven of them have now run OK overnight so that was probably the issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back