led spot bulbs

Sponsored Links
If you mean can you get a led "Lamp" to go in a fitting that curently has a 50w lamp (yes you can, they even come in colours and colour changing

TLC direct sell hem (other suppliers are available)

But do be aware they are no where near as bright

Sponsored Links
exn? i presume you mean external?

most lamps are not for direct external use, they can how ever be used in a fitting that is external

that said there is an external use "par 38" led lamp available

ive no idea, on the bulb it just says exn+c 12v 50w, could it be a MR16?
They fit into the fire rated ceiling spots in my kitchen

You can get LED MR16's. However as some posters have pointed out they are not as bright, more focused beam, a colder blueish tinge to the light, and pretty expensive compared to standard ones at the moment.

Depending on how many you have installed in the room I would start by replacing a couple and see how you like them. I have a 3 x 3 grid of MR16's in my bathroom and I have now replaced the 3 down each side of the room with LED's and left the 3 down the centre 20W halogen with acceptable results. This has dropped my power down from 180W to approx 70W. Not sure how long it would take to reclaim the cost of the LED MR16s? A few years at a guess, but the more expensive energy gets, the quicker the payback time.

hi, in the kitchen i have 9 spots, plus low wattage undercabinet lights and led plinth lights.
Bathroom just has 4 spots

whyme, the link you posted to actually says

BLV Reflekto Clear Halogen M258 EXN MR16 50MM GU5.3

but yes you can get LED versions, i even have colour changing ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back