Led strip lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got led strip lights under my kitchen cabinets which are all connected together.
The ones I currently have are the colour changing ones so are connected with the 4 pin connectors.
I've never liked them tho as I don't like the white colour they give off as it's too blue and they are also not particularly bright.
I was hoping to change them for some non colour changing ones I've found but these are obviously 2 pin.
As all the wires are behind cabinets and tiles etc I was wondering can I plug the new 2 pin strips onto the current 4 pin connectors?

Sponsored Links
No , the spacing of the copper supply tabs will be different, and you need just a positive and negative dc supply, so you would need to remove the colour change unit, the power supply is likely to be ok though, but output needs to match your new tape..
You may be able to reuse the wire if large enough or double up the cores and fit something like these to suit the tape you buy.
s-l640.jpg

Ah OK thats a shame.
Are the white led on the multi colour ones as bright as the single led strips?
Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
They vary in brightness, theres a few tape widths and sizes of Leds used nowadays and modern stuff has improved a lot, you may be lucky and 2 of the tabs on your 4 pin connectors touch the right bits meaning you can reuse them,but as said you will need to alter the Dc supply to the first one, maybe an option is a better quality coloured strip with a better white setting, again this would need to be compatible with your existing bits
https://www.waveformlighting.com/pc...-led-package-types-such-as-3528-5050-and-2835

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back