Led's on shock sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Been messing with alarm today changing a few settings, it's a few years old now it's an accenta mini g3 with remote keypad. At one point I accidentally lost my user code and in the end ended up dropping power and starting again from factory defaults, all is well and made a few changes with the programming in the process. The only thing I have noticed tonight is some of my shock sensors (some are old and some are very old) have the led's permanently lit, no changes have been made to any wiring other than I put a link wire in zone 8 thinking I'd knocked it out later realising as I just needed to disable that zone as I am not using it like I had done when I originally installed (left link in though) and it was because of returning to default settings. I thought I could recall some setting previously for this but have been all over the manual and can't find anything ? I have not been inside any sensors and moved any jumpers and the ones that are now lit at all times (day or set )were definitely not lit before ?

Think I'm missing something obvious any comments appreciated, oh the only other think I did was jump up and disconnect siren wire in bell box while messing around with power but am pretty sure that's irrelevant ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If the shock sensors are the very old Vipers with the round, red LED, they latch on. You need to remove their power to reset them. I don't know the Accenta range very well but could you have connected them to some sort of output programmed as "shock reset", or something similar? Usually, one connects them to an output that pulses once during the exit time. This resets the Vipers just before the alarm sets.

I hope this helps...

Hi eighty two

Thanks for that, yeah I can remember having some papers with the name viper on them when I moved in about 12 yr ago, funny how say for example I have two windows in the living room same sensor(vipers) and ony one is lit up. Can I just drop the power off them at the sensor and they will reset instead of getting up to where the main box is (in awkward place) ?

Cheers

Another thought, are all shock sensors of all ages meant to be fed from the set connection or are they ok from the 13v, don't know where mine are at I would have to check, does it matter ?

Sponsored Links
Cheers eighty two

Dropped 13v off in panel and reconnected as you suggested and all is good 😄

Thanks for that

Excellent!

The LEDs on the newer ones (rectangular diffuser lens) have a mind of their own. They usually flash until they are triggered, stop for a couple of seconds and then start again. Sometimes they stay off... :rolleyes:

Remember that you can't open the panel up every time you need to reset the Vipers. You should try and work out how to reset them automatically.

Have fun...

Hi
I have never had a problem before if we have set them off by accident, I think it was just a bit of a glitch after me dropping power of to factory default. All sorted and back to normal. This is a cracking website for the odd answer and a bit of confidence boosting

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back