Legal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it still possible to have a conventional combi installed as opposed to a condenser ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Fronnie, Was'nt sure ...thought after the 1st April they had to be a condenser.

But i have been given an option.

Providing you live in scotland or the guy installin it will say you ordered it before april and have it fitted for you by the end of june.

Sponsored Links
As chris says there is a points system, but to hit this sticking to the rules in a standard size 3 bedded hose is quite difficult . As for the course see if you can stay awake after the first hundred slides.

Crafty points system . Youll probably almost always end up 10 points short of the 1000 point mark.

I only remember there being 4 slides, must have dozed off.

To "help" as well as the points system, flue position can be brought in. You mustn't put one within 2.5 metres of a boundary, though it depens an direction.
The rule about soakaways is debatable too. You can just about always get a pipe round the house or through it somehow to get to a drain - who decides what's practical? Looking at one now where the upstairs boiler's condensate would have to go round 2 sides to the stink pipe.

Plumb centre do a soak away about 18 inches deep that you fill with lime peebles cost about 30 quid perfectly acceptable.

Did a soakaway last week, has to be 600mm from property and holes face away from property, lifted a slab and buried it rather than leaving the top of soakaway level with top of ground as I reckon it is more susecptable to damage and frost, buried the condensate pipe and insulated it, not to installation instructions but I reckon a better job, McAlpine soakaway about £13.00, or make your own from 4 "plasic, you have to buy the limestone chippings extra anyway, I made the hole slighty bigger than stated and used the whole bag of chippings.
Went to look at job this morning, going to run condensate pipe above bedroom skirting, thro wall and into bath waste, will be looking for a bathtrap with connection to solvent overflow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back