Lest we should forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your bored again, I can tell.
With your "bet he will bet he wont " attitude.

Why don`t you, as asked give us a broad sided opinion on what you think for once?
Have a debate, rather than your usual one liners.

Again your bored.

I`ll look back. About to cook pork on the BBQ with a woman not my wife dressed as any woman should be allowed. (PS tell the misses if you like, she`s here too.).

Sponsored Links
they are not forced to join up they do it for the action

That doesn't explain the political decision. We know they sign up to kill people but that is another thread for another time.

Your bored again, I can tell.
With your "bet he will bet he wont " attitude.

Why don`t you, as asked give us a broad sided opinion on what you think for once?
Have a debate, rather than your usual one liners.

Again your bored.

I`ll look back. About to cook pork on the BBQ with a woman not my wife dressed as any woman should be allowed. (PS tell the misses if you like, she`s here too.).

I honestly don't know why we are there and I've yet to meet anyone that does. You are clearly in the same boat.

they are not forced to join up they do it for the action

M50 i thought you were way off coarse with that statement, me personaly enlisted to keep Lightnings and Vulcans flying and in so doing keeping those Ruskies out so you could all sleep safe knowing that i was there for you :mrgreen: i did not sign up to take potshots at the enemy.

I just got off the phone to a mate who served in the army and asked why he signed up, i was a bit flabbergasted at his reply; to kill or be killed, though not in as many words, :confused:

Sponsored Links
I honestly don't know why we are there and I've yet to meet anyone that does. You are clearly in the same boat.

I can think of a few reasons, but to air them here would ensue the usual "bigot, racist" comments we usually get.
I can almost smell a red herring here.

Have a look at some of our provincial towns and think about what is happening. Have a look at the news and the claims made by other "Religions" about the indigenous being driven out. Check out the transcripts of our one handed friend.
You might just see some reasons there.

As for joining up, some do it for the reasons stated. Some for the training and further education. Some are born to lead.

PS about to cook the pork.

There are a few things I am immensley proud of.

Regardless of whether we are right or wrong to be in Afghanistan or should have even gone to Iraq. I have my views on both but I will not air them on here.

I am proud of the British Army and the soldiers who lay down their lives

I can think of a few reasons, but to air them here would ensue the usual "bigot, racist" comments we usually get.
I can almost smell a red herring here.

Have a look at some of our provincial towns and think about what is happening. Have a look at the news and the claims made by other "Religions" about the indigenous being driven out. Check out the transcripts of our one handed friend.
You might just see some reasons there.

As for joining up, some do it for the reasons stated. Some for the training and further education. Some are born to lead.

PS about to cook the pork.

They are out breeding us - they don't need a war to win the peace.

Besides if you think it is a war on militant Islam then we are in the wrong country - we should be in Pakistan.

Now originally I thought years ago the Afghan war was originally joined to reduce the influx of drugs into this country. Much easier I guess to start a war than jail EVERYBODY including USERS and PUSHERS...to create a detterent.
However the NHS in our country RELIES on the opium produced in Afghanistan to provide all the related opiates it needs to provide clinical care and it's usage in terms of quanity far outweighs the amount brought accross for illegal use.
So what are we really looking at?
The Taliban and it's links to Al Qaeda?

This is where we get into a debate about unwinable wars.
It's one thing to take on a defined army..ie all in uniform with commanders able to take the ultimate decision to surrender.

You cannot win a war against a population in effect who can put down or take up arms at will and who have no formal surrender structure.
It happened in Vietnam it's happened before in Afghanistan and it continues in Isreal and Palestine.

Our boys which is what they all are regardless of reasons are all heroes. They go out every day not knowing if they will live while back home we have our 'brave' police and firefighters standing and watching people drown.

There is no point debating immigration in relation to the Afghan war.

We could stop immigration . Australia have a handle on it. What we have is cowardly politicians.
I DO NOT blame any immigrant in this country for the position the country is in.
If a system is flawed it is the fault of the system - noone else. No need for racism . Place your frustration where it belongs. Not at the immigrants but at the hands of the people facillitating it.

I am Brit English but my grandparents are Irish as are my wifes - I am only a second generation Brit. Many Muslims you see out there are thrid or fourth generation and if you look at it in a simplistic way more entitled to be called British than I am...

However this detracts from the thread and its true purpose which was to honour the dead and not get sidetracked into a thread hijacking argument , but guess who the protagonist there was...

:rolleyes:

However this detracts from the thread and its true purpose which was to honour the dead and not get sidetracked into a thread hijacking argument , but guess who the protagonist there was...

:rolleyes:
For once, just once, some of what you said, i agree with...but then you revert to type and throw in one of your pathetic little barbed attacks and have a pop at others.

Time you started to grow up or do the honourable thing and take your bile and bitterness elsewhere, you sad little man.

Yes but why are they there? Does anyone know? it appears not. Never met anyone that knows the reason why.

Can't imagine many of them do it for the 'glory'....there is none.

Most of the ex army guys I know did it because they had **** all else to do and thought it would be a good experience.

I regret not joining when I was young and had sod all to do. I'm considering joining the TA now, and for no other reason than I'm bored and wish I had done it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back