Let's get on with our lives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why does softus keep having a go at me?

sometimes i feel like leaving this forum, because it is bullying.

I'm to thick skinned and can put up with it,

but a lot more people on this forum may have a different view, and do not join in.

is it me?

Sponsored Links
Why does softus keep having a go at me?sometimes i feel like leaving this forum, because it is bullying.I'm to thick skinned and can put up with it, but a lot more people on this forum may have a different view, and do not join in.is it me?

You know the Rules as does Softus. If you genuinely think that you are being bullied by him on this forum then you can do something about it. However, having followed the Softus post which was removed this morning , it is not as one-sided as you would make out. Next time, if there is one, just turn the other cheek and dont get drawn in to a war of (nasty) words

Sponsored Links
This is just softus's style. He's really a software guy, but a wannabe plumber. Rarely can he stick to the subject when there is a chance to belittle someone, and probably posts under several usernames, so even libby lou lou maybe softus and there's no way of telling for most of us. The bullying tendency you suggest is a manifestation of social insecurity. You'll notice in life that confident and powerful people don't bother having a go at others, they KNOW their position. A bit like the Rottwiler, contrast this with the incessant yapping of the jack russell, though the advantage is the mouth is at just the right height to receive a boot sandwich. :evil:

However he does at least put forward a view and respond to views of others, unlike someone here who instantly runs out of steam and responds with "well what would you do?" I used to work for someone who would never answer a question directly but would always respond with a question. I now see that type of person as contemptible, as do several othere here.

This is just softus's style. He's really a software guy, but a wannabe plumber. Rarely can he stick to the subject when there is a chance to belittle someone, and probably posts under several usernames, so even libby lou lou maybe softus and there's no way of telling for most of us. The bullying tendency you suggest is a manifestation of social insecurity. You'll notice in life that confident and powerful people don't bother having a go at others, they KNOW their position. A bit like the Rottwiler, contrast this with the incessant yapping of the jack russell, though the advantage is the mouth is at just the right height to receive a boot sandwich. :evil:

However he does at least put forward a view and respond to views of others, unlike someone here who instantly runs out of steam and responds with "well what would you do?" I used to work for someone who would never answer a question directly but would always respond with a question. I now see that type of person as contemptible, as do several othere here.
But what are you getting at :?: and WWYD?

oilman said:
Probably this; maybe that; a little guess here; a shot in the dark there.
Keep going oilman - if you suggest every postulate under the sun then you're bound to be right one day. :D

Or were you just "having a go" at me, like the powerful and secure Rottwiler (sic.) that you are?

oilman said:
Probably this; maybe that; a little guess here; a shot in the dark there.
Keep going oilman - if you suggest every postulate under the sun then you're bound to be right one day. :D

Or were you just "having a go" at me, like the powerful and secure Rottwiler (sic.) that you are?

Not very accurate are you. I wrote "probably" and "maybe" out of all the words you attributed to me. :rolleyes:

oilman said:
Not very accurate are you.
Accuracy has nothing to do with this - you've amply demonstrated that already.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines. I didn't attribute any words to you - merely the gist. If that wasn't abundantly clear to you then, well, you're just being deliberately obtuse.

oilman said:
Not very accurate are you.
Accuracy has nothing to do with this - you've amply demonstrated that already.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines. I didn't attribute any words to you - merely the gist. If that wasn't abundantly clear to you then, well, you're just being deliberately obtuse.

If you write
oilman said:
<...........sometext.......>
Then it's accepted that <...........sometext.......> was previously used by me. Since what you attributed to me was NOT what I wrote then you are being innacurate or perhaps deceitful. However I note you like to accuse me of being
softus said:
<snip>deliberately obtuse<snip>
(note <snip> is used frequently in web discussions and email to indicate some text has been removed) :D So though I was just giving libby lou lou some insight into your character, and not having a go at you, you respond in the bullying way libby lou lou has observed, apparently with some justification.

oilman said:
If you write
oilman said:
<...........sometext.......>
Then it's accepted that <...........sometext.......> was previously used by me.
Well I don't accept it, and [/i]you don't accept it, so who are you saying accepted it?

Since what you attributed to me was NOT what I wrote then you are being innacurate or perhaps deceitful.
Neither. It's known as poetic license.

However I note you like to accuse me of being
softus said:
<snip>deliberately obtuse<snip>
I neither like, nor dislike, making the observation (not accusation) that you were being deliberately obtuse.

So though I was just giving libby lou lou some insight into your character, and not having a go at you, you respond in the bullying way libby lou lou has observed, apparently with some justification.
Well, once again, that's merely your opinion, which seems to be based on an amateur, and amateurish, attempt at psychological analysis.

Whilst I have no doubt that your opinion is misguided, I would fight tooth and nail to uphold your right to express it freely.

In fact, please go ahead and express a lot more of your opinions - they're royal fun. :)

I also share Oilman's view that your treatment of LLL has been unacceptable, particularly given your open criticism of other poster's behaviour towards individual's recently.

I would advise LLL (or others) to use the Alert Moderators link if I thought it would do any good.

When you are talking, does the sound get muffled when you pull your trousers up?

libby lou lou, as you can see it's not just you. Softus rises to the bait at every opportunity, I don't understand why, would you like to make any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back