Letting agents not paying on time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any of you guys come across agents who don't like to pay on time if so what did you do lots of invoices but all small amounts.

Sponsored Links
Get on the phone and call them. Keep in contact with them - in a nice way - but keep some kind of pressure on. If that doesn't work, send a letter referring to your phone conversations and give them a last chance to pay up without extra costs.

The majority of my work is with estate agents, letting agents etc. The problem is that they do not spend there own money. You do the job and if there is money in the kitty you get paid. No money then you wait untill funds arrive. I have just been paid for a job from last July! They are always saying "yes we have passed that for payment" etc. Estate agents/letting agents have never been known for being straight forward and telling the truth.
Best advice is if you can't handle there ways stop working for them.
DC

Sponsored Links
if you are doing work for them on a regular basis, stick 5% of the job price on top and at the time of invoicing, offer them a 5% discount if they pay the invoice within 7-14days (you choose what you think suitable.
If the agents have a bookkeeper/accountant that is paying the invoices you can gaurantee that you'll get your money on time as their landlord has already expected the bill of the full amount and any money saved on the job goes in the agents bin

5% dont sound a lot but when times are hard and agents are trying to make/save money then £50 saving on every £1000 will be well appreciated!

Good Luck

I used to do work for an letting agent, they would always get the owner to pay 1st before they paid me. As the majority of there clients were based abroad it took ages to get paid. I don't have anything to do with letting agents anymore, not good for my cash flow

Back