LG won't start, won't empty.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My LG LD-12AW2 is playing up.

I came home and saw it had "finished" it's cycle (all the lights were off), but when I opened the machine, the dishes were wet and dirty and the bottom of the machine was full of water.

I syphoned it out, first using an external hose, then realising how stupid that was, then using the outlet hose which I disconnected from the sink it drained into.

When it got pretty low, a noise like a fan trying to turn and not having much success happened.

Once it was as empty as I could get it, I poured a bucket of clean water in and syphoned that out with the outlet hose, too. The water was full of particles of food and muck.

Once everything was empty for the second time, I rewashed the filter and reassembled the machine.

I turned on the power, then hit the go button - the machine beeped twice instead of once (as though I has hit the button twice) and nothing happened.

I turned the machine off at the wall and turned it on again with the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Treen.

Sponsored Links
Treen I have the same problem with mine,did you get yours fixed or does anyone have any solutions to fix this
Thanks

Hi Simso,

I ended up calling my friendly neighbourhood repairman.

The power switch had become water damaged, so he replaced it, as well as glueing the door-seal firmly in place to stop it happening again.

Best of luck to you,

Treen

Thanks treen, wow that was a fast response, When you say you replaced the power switch your talking about the go button on the console arent you, mine starts up runs for about 4 minutes stops and then gives the double ding ding when you try to select anything and the bottom of the dishwasher is full of water. To get it going again we have to empty it completly and restart, and it happens again. Is this the same symptoms. The reason I ask is Ive contacted LG and they said bring it to our service rep and well let you know for a price. Yeh right

Thanks Steve

Sponsored Links
No worries, Matey. I've got an automatic notify on this thread.

Yes, the power switch is the go button on the outside of the machine, with the "go" and "pause" symbols on it.

My machine wouldn't even start. It stopped halfway through a cycle, then after I syphoned out the water it wouldn;t start again, just give the double ding when I pushed the button.

They want you to take the machine in to see them? That's crazy. Isn't there a local repairman who can come to your place and have a look?

Treen.

Thanks for the info, Lg said bring it to us, Ill source another person for the repair I live in Perth so it shouldnt be an issue. I pulled it apart to have a look and see whether there was any moisture up by the control switch, unfortunatley nothing, but now it does exactly the same as yours wont even start just double dings. So ill get someone out, Thanks for your help it was appreciated
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back