LIEBHERR Fridge Freezer problems

Reaction score
Country
France
For the last 24 hours our Liebherr fridge freezer - CN3866 - has blanked out the illuminated fridge temperature and substituted a flashing "F2" symbol. I understand this to indicate that there is a problem in the refrigerator evaporation sensor area.

However, I've monitored the temperatures in both the fridge & freezer during that 24 hour period and they are still showing as quite normal (+5 & -18). Could this mean that the problem indicated by the "F2" signal is somewhere else or does it perhaps mean that the sensor is imminently about to fold?

Sponsored Links
I have never heard of nor seen one of your fridges but "evaporation sensor" suggests to me that there may be a sensor that detects the level of water in the evaporation tray, usually mounted on top of the compressor. This collects & allows water from defrosted ice to evaporate into the atmosphere on simple fridges. As I say just a guess but perhaps worth having a look round the back of the fridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back