Lifting flooring

Help!!!

I purchased 10 chipboard 22mm P5 panels to lay the flooring in the room, but cut one of them incorrectly so was only able to lay 9 of them. They were all bought over a month ago and have been stored flat in the room since then.

Having laid the 9 panels, I purchased 1 further chipboard 22mm P5 panel from a local merchant on Monday. I've cut this panel to size but but not yet laid/fitted it.

I'm paranoid that the moisture content of this final panel is significantly different from the other 9 panels that I've already laid, and could therefore cause a swelling/gap problem.

I purchased the following moisture meter from Amazon which measures the moisture content in Relative Humidity. This is showing a reading of 1% for the 9 panels I've already laid (and which were bought a month ago) and 1% for the new panel that I purchased on Monday.

I'm not sure I'm measuring it correctly - see picture. The new panel has been stored flat in the room it will be installed in since Monday.

How on earth do I determine for sure that the new panel's moisture content is close enough to the other panel's moisture content / the air humidity in the room, in order to give me comfort to lay it?

2dskdcg.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thank you to everyone for their help in this thread.

That's our floors down, one job ticked off my list, and a very happy missus.

Thank again for everyone's patience and bearing with me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back