Light at top of worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I went into the cupboard where my worcester 24i junior boiler is kept this morning and i noticed a white light at the top of the boiler on the flue. I have never noticed it before and i am wondering if it has always been there or if it has recently come on and is indicating something?

Any help is great. Below is a picture from the worcester boiler brochure showing the location of the light.

Mechmos

Sponsored Links
It will also be new to me too!

Anyone any idea?

Tony

Are you sure it's a light rather than daylight? I think that port is where they use the gas flue analyser to make sure the boiler is working correctly, it maybe that the plug wasn't in properly and has come out. I guess there could be some kind of light added to show the same, but my WB didn't have a light, just a covered port.

Have you had the boiler serviced recently?

Can you post a photo of the actual light?

If its daylight then it will not shine at night!

It also makes the boiler "At Risk and it should be turned off until the plug is located and refitted!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony that would be ID my friend , POC's pumping out of the FGA sampling point there every time boiler fires :rolleyes:

Op if the cap is on top of the boiler screw it back on, if you can't , you need an RGI, probably won't kill you but there's always a chance it could :rolleyes:

I had a customer say exactly the same thing to me last week about a greenstar 30Si :confused:

Brilliant :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That will be daylight you can see. Its visiable whether the cap is fitted or not. The sun shining down the flue, creates a white glow around the sample plug

Yes ok I am a fanny. But in my defence the sun had just come up and must have been shining directly in the flue so the combination of that and it being dark in the house is why I spotted it. The cap is fitted so all good, well apart from feeling like a complete tit!!!! :oops:

One of the most amusing posts that I can remember.

Rates with the US North Atlantic defence system locking onto the rising sun as an incoming missile!

I came to this site looking for an explanation of the light, as I supposed, in my Worcester boiler flue, which I spotted briefly a few days ago. This is clearly the answer. Twice a year the setting sun, if the sky is clear, must be in the right position to shine down the flue. Thank you for this explanation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back