light pull cord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm disconnecting a light pull cord from my bedroom and just having a light switch so i need to shove the wires into the ceiling but which wires do i join together, i have at present still connected to pull connecter.
red/yellow in same connecter
black/blue in same connecter
red on his own in another connecter

Sponsored Links
Well as you havnt said how you are going to put the light switch in. I will assume its there. hahah

So if it is pull the pull cord to on & push that switch in the ceiling.
:LOL:

perhaps his house is wired like a lot of older properties, where bedrooms have two way lighting with one switch being a regular switch by the door, and the other being a pull cord by the bed.

If that's the case, then really the best solution would be to pull a new switch cable from the wall switch right through to the rose, and miss out the old pull cord thing alltogether.. if there is conduit in the wall then this should be a piece of fish.

slip

connect red to red black to blue earth to earth and yellow to nothing. use a 4 terminal junction box up in the loft space to make the join.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back