light relief

Sponsored Links
Pickles.. what is napalm?

Ban.. er yuk... Hub going to be out working til early hours but Id like to bet that when he comes in he still manages to do one just as he lies back in bed!

Napalm is jellied petrol. The Americans used to use it in Vietnam. There is a famous film called "Apocalypse now" where an american general gets out of his helicopter during a battle, sniffs the air and say's "mmm I just love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

It sort of fitted in with your favourite things theme, but was probably a bit off colour

Pickles... it seems to be perfectly apt..

was just lost on me thats all.

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
kendor... thats wonderful... I never stop feeling very lucky to have been able to do that 3 times over....

Yeah, me too! It's fantastic, isn't it? With their baby soft, wrinkly scalps and screwed up faces, body covered in vernix, skin to skin with your chest...ahh....blissful....

It's so great you want to do it again. But then you get to the point where you realise you can't realistically have any more....:cry:

and even if you do, the chances are it'll be yet another boy!!!

toffee said:
what is napalm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napalm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/napalm.htm

Pics aren't very clear, but if you look closely at her left arm and shoulder you can get an idea..

NG33b.jpg
NG34b.jpg

Oh god...
I understand pickles post ( and the different levels) now.
I hadnt seen the film and didnt know what jellied petrol was and just thought that pickles meant he liked the smell of petrol. (d'oh.. stupid me)

That pic is awful, I will have it on my mind for a long time now.
I feel my cheeks a bit pink now, for not knowing this.

Poor poor people.

A lot of people had that pic on their minds......isn't it supposed to have helped change the perspectives of American people regarding the war in Vietnam?

Man's inhumanity to man :cry:

noodlz said:
A lot of people had that pic on their minds......isn't it supposed to have helped change the perspectives of American people regarding the war in Vietnam?

it actually happend towards the end of the war when the USA had pulled their ground forces out and were just giving air support to the south Viet army. It has become iconic though

noodlz said:

And to little girls and boys. I can't hear the mention of the word napalm without thinking of that photo or of film footage of a pair of american planes napalming jungle villages.

Sponsored Links
Back