Light switch earthing

However,as I've said, some people want to consider a situation in which a back box 'becomes exposed' because someone removes/loosens the screws and pulls the faceplate forwards (with circuit still energised) - but I agree that there is a definite limit to how far one can/should go in anticipating 'what people might do'.
There can be no specific rules for things done by people ignoring the specific rules that do exist.

Sponsored Links
There can be no specific rules for things done by people ignoring the specific rules that do exist.
I essentially agree, but I'll leave it for you to tell that to the people concerned about the situation 'when the faceplate is pulled forwards' (whilst the circuit is energised) :)

Mind you, as I implied, I think that even you accept that thee faceplate screws (if metal) qualify as exposed-c-ps (and therefore need to be earthed) - so maybe the discussion is a bit moot?

Kind Regards, John

Exactly - and I often remind people of that. I've actually heard people in my own family saying that they no longer have to drive 'as carefully', because of ABS.
John you do not surprise me, unfortunately.
Yes my 49 v 51 was purely to illustrate a daft take on degrees of things . I often thinks "exagerate a principle to illustrate a point - but I`m pretty sdure you realised that one.

Sponsored Links
John you do not surprise me, unfortunately.
Indeed - and I could cite a good few other examples (like increased 'complacency' (lack of care/caution) when using various bits of PPE).
Yes my 49 v 51 was purely to illustrate a daft take on degrees of things . I often thinks "exagerate a principle to illustrate a point - but I`m pretty sdure you realised that one.
Sure - but, intentionally or not, by citing a very 'marginal' case you actually helped to make my point - i.e. that, no matter 'which way around' were thee 49 and 51, whichever course the rules decided to decree as 'correct' (even 'required') it would mean that by following the rule one would increase risk in about half of cases/situations.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back