Light Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a small light batten in my shed which is connected via flex to a plug socket, when I want to use the light I have to go through the shed in the dark to turn on the switch on the plug socket.

Is there a possibility of me adding a switch by the door to this circuit so that I leave it permanently switched on at the plug but controllable by a small architrave switch as I walk through the door?

How do I wire this up to the connector lock in the light batten?

Thanks

Planemad

Sponsored Links
Here you said you were finishing your 2330 L2 this year.

Here you were giving advice on cable sizes.

Here you said you'd installed lights and switches, timers, PIRs, override switches.

Here you said you're a trainee electrician at the stage of wanting an installation tester.

And yet now you expect us to believe that you don't know how to put a light switch in a cable running between a plug and a light?

You didn't seem to have any doubts about how lighting circuits worked or switches were wired here or
here.

Thank you for your reply.

I know the way that I want to do it I'm just checking that I can do it that way or are there easier ways.
I suppose it like asking for guidance so that other ways if possible can be explored and learned.

I will wire from a plug to a 6a 1 way switch then from switch to batten.

Sponsored Links
As long as he has a 3A or 5A fuse in the plug he's covered on that. Not the most elegant way of doing it, perhaps, but ticks the boxes.

PJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back