Lighting Before Plastering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
h_2490_NTUyMTIvNzAvMTA-.jpg

Hi,
I'm about to plaster my ceiling.
To fit the above lighting fixture or similar flush to the ceiling, does this need to be done before plastering or after?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

You attatch a bracket to the ceiling once it is plastered, and there are two screws which go through the black part of the fitting to secure it to the bracket.

It is not mounted so the large square plate is actually flush with the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

You attatch a bracket to the ceiling once it is plastered, and there are two screws which go through the black part of the fitting to secure it to the bracket.

It is not mounted so the large square plate is actually flush with the ceiling.

Sorry for my complete lack of knowledge, typical cockney!
So your saying the black bit above the light disappears into the light it self leaving it totally flat so if you run your finger across the ceiling its wall/light-base/wall without finger lifting?
Polifemo+Four+Light+Square+Flush+Ceiling+Mount.jpg

Or as above picture will the main part just sit an inch or two away from the level of the ceiling?

No. the black bit goes onto the ceiling.

It will look just like it does in your picture, with the large square stainless steel plate about 10 or 15mm away from the ceiling.

Yeah, don't recess these fittings. Someone did in our previous house and when we decided to change the fitting half the ceiling came down too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back