Lighting Circuit, is it safe?

thanks for that :) just clarieifed things for me

We used a little diversity as we have about 1450w in a bungalow, only if every light had a 100w bulb in it (which of course they dont) not to mention that there are two outdoor lights and 2 lights in the loft :) couldnt ever imagine every single light on with no energy saver bulbs in, would be brights than xmas!

Sponsored Links
FYI, current demand to be assumed for lighting is the actual load connected with a minimum of 100W per lampholder. Lighting diversity is then calculated as 66% of total ACD.

So, if you have 14 Ceiling roses, you assume 14 x 100W, ie 1400W or 6.09A.

However, you may apply diversity because it is unlikely all the lights will be energised at the same time.

So, 66% of 1400W is 924W, or 4.02A.

unlikely all lights will be energised at the same time? I somewhat doubt that at least in a basic installation. I can see it in say theatre lighting where you have themed sets of ligts but not on a domestic or commercial setup.

How often do you have every light in your house on?

Do you leave the bedroom, bathroom, loft and kitchen lights on whilst you are sat in the lounge?

I know I don't and I would have thought most folk turn off lights when a room is empty. Or am I just a tight Yorkshireman who keeps an eye on the kWHs?

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
How often do you have every light in your house on?

Do you leave the bedroom, bathroom, loft and kitchen lights on whilst you are sat in the lounge?

I know I don't and I would have thought most folk turn off lights when a room is empty. Or am I just a tight Yorkshireman who keeps an eye on the kWHs?

Yes,

Yes,

You don't have wife and kids who delight in wasting electricity then?

all lights on the downstairs circuit are frequently on together in our house,

upstairs not so much but it does happen from time to time. And more than the two thirds mentioned above are on a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back