Lighting circuit problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys wonder if you could help,

My upstairs lighting circuit blew earlier on. The breaker had blown so I have replaced the 5 amp fuse wire. I tried it again but still nothing. I then pulled the fuse and noticed it had NOT blown. However earlier on my wife noticed small scorch marks on the ceiling by the bathroom light. Do you think it is. Just a case of replacing the bathroom light as there may be damage there. Also is or likely that the bathroom light is the first light on that circuit?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When you replaced the fuse did you leave a teeny weeny little bit of slack at the ends of the fuse wire before you tightened the screws, the fuse wire can have a tendency to break when the screws are tightened if not.
Could be a problem with the bathroom light if there is signs of damage - worth a close look and post up a pic!
It could just be a lamp popping that has caused the fuse to blow but have your bathroom light checked out if there are signs of damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back