Lighting Help......Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi here's my problem. I want to add some spot lights to my exsisting bathroom light. I have set them up and wired them to a junction box so they are all ready to go, the only problem is that the light rose is in my flat roof part of extention and I can't get to it. In the loft I can see the wires going towards the area and running from the other lights. Is there anyway to get them wired into the same light switch.

Thanks For reading
Dave

Sponsored Links
You need to connect at the existing light point. The mains feed(s) and switch wires should come together at that point.

Dont want to sound negative but....

If you have a ceiling with a flat roof you may have a challenge with running the wires to the positions for your new lights. There will always be ceiling joists in the way. If there's no access from above your options may include:
1. Removing the ceiling or
2. Removing the roof or
3. abandon the idea of downlights and get a nice surface light that is suitable for use in bathrooms....

TTC

PS Dont forget you must provide supplemantary equipotential bonding to the lights and other items in the bathroom and that electrical work in a bathroom is notifiable.

you may be lucky if the joists are running the right way,you could feed the cables through with cable rods or similar,your only problem then would be getting through where the 2 buildings join

Sponsored Links
You might think about spotlights that are assembled onto a bar or track with 3 or 4 lamps. This only gives you one connection to make at the existing rose as the other wiring is usually concealed within the bar.

In most cases you must not put lights directly above a shower tray or bath, nor where can be expected to get sprayed or squirted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back