Lighting ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two lighting ideas which I am particularly pleased with and thought I'd share and ask for others:

1) In the main bedroom, which has three 'runs' of built in wardrobe/cupboard: on top of each cupboard I have laid a length of rope light approx. the length of the cupboard, all linked and switched from bedside position and switch at door. The light is warm and just at the right level for undressing and other bedroom activities.

2) In side wall of sitting room/lounge, where we have two tall and narrow side windows, which overlook side wall of neighbouring property. The glazing is stained glass (or the view to neighbouring blank wall would be ugly). I have fitted external floodlamp below each window with 60W PAR lamp, cables through wall and switched from main position at door. The light perfectly 'shows off' the stained glass and gives a restful glow through te room.

Sponsored Links
Interesting. I'm not familiar with rope lights. What sort of lamps do they use?

Sponsored Links
In the main bedroom, which has three 'runs' of built in wardrobe/cupboard: on top of each cupboard I have laid a length of rope light approx. the length of the cupboard, all linked and switched from bedside position and switch at door. The light is warm and just at the right level for undressing and other bedroom activities.
I've got fitted wardrobes with louvre doors (real open ones) and inside are slim fluorescents (T4 tubes) on door switches, but when I installed them I put a manual override switch in so that they can be turned on with the doors closed, and the light filters out through the louvres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back