Lighting upstairs in a pub can't find the board.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
big pub with 5 bed rooms. the main board for the pub is down stairs would them lights upstairs be on the board down stairs or would there be a board for upstair,be some were? and puting in a shower would i be puting that on the same board upstairs or get it from the main board in the pub?

Sponsored Links
smthdeedog said:
big pub with 5 bed rooms. the main board for the pub is down stairs would them lights upstairs be on the board down stairs or would there be a board for upstair,be some were?

crystal%20ball.jpg

breezer is right. how the hell are we meant to know??? Get looking! Are the flat and pub metered seperately? This would be the first thing to check.

ummm,thats what i thought...............

Just run a new line in from the meter (split tails etc)

Sponsored Links
In my experience, pub electrics can be a nightmare with boards all over the place. As its likely to have had a PIR at some time (I hope) you should have the test results with the board locations.

smthdeedog said:
or would there be a board for upstair,be some were? and puting in a shower would i be puting that on the same board upstairs or get it from the main board in the pub?

Seeing as you're not sure there is a board upstairs you may be unable to put the shower on that board.

And this guy is working (?) on a commercial install???

Found the board yeaaa, its on the second floor of the pub one side of the flat is fine the Light are good but when you go to were the funtion room use to be they have made three rooms out of it. two more rooms are next to the three new ones.I went up into the loft and found two twin and earths all tape;I think that those's two that i found were for the function room when they were making the three room. they disconnected the lights that were in that room.becasue i found one red wire that i tested and got 24v which mean that there was also a emergency light there as well.so now i need to find out which wirer's is the swicth and which one is the feed? up in the loft over the function there is a wall stoping tracing the lights for the other room which they split to two rooms as well,and the hallway,and toilet.there is live junction box up there to god knows for what i was think of taping off that box, but its just a idea(haa Ha).going to explore more and easyer ways to get them all on thanks for all your comments. wuff wuff

Nope. Didn't get a word of that.

What is it that you are trying to ask us?

What are you trying to do?

In your first post you mentioned about wiring a shower supply
In your second post you mention something about tapping into a lighting joint box.

I get a feeling that you may be a little out of your depth.

IF YOU´D ASKED ME I´D OF TOLD YOU

please note forum rule 6

MR-DIAZ said:
IF YOU´D ASKED ME I´D OF TOLD YOU
OK - I'll ask you this: do you have more than one user name?

Moderator 3

Not yet ;)

Ah, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya! :evil:

What worries me the most....

"Found a RED wire, it has 24v on it, must be an old emergency light...."

TRY FIRE ALARM! I HOPE THIS IS STILL FUNCTIONING AS IT SHOULD - ESPECIALLY WITH YOU FA*NYING AROUND WITH THE ELECTRICS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back