Lighting Wiring Above Kitchen Extension

Fair enough - I guess I bow to your knowledge that Building Control will approve plans and details when they do not show that the work will comply with the Building Regulations.
I didn't say that.
And the proof is the number of cowboy builders there are who seem to be able to get planning permission then build a lemon.

Any way as is usually the case this thread has been steered in totally the wrong direction.

Sponsored Links
I didn't say that.
And the proof is the number of cowboy builders there are who seem to be able to get planning permission then build a lemon.

But there you are talking about people not performing in a competent manner.

So we have to go back to your claim which started all this:
Apparently not.

To do electrical work one has to be qualified or demonstrably competent.
To design and submit plans for a building and then build it one does not.
And ask in what way someone has to be qualified or demonstrably competent to do electrical work given that it is just as possible for someone to be an incompetent cowboy electrician as it is an incompetent cowboy builder.

You were arguing that there are no practical considerations around both the volume of, and technical difficulties of, roof design and construction vs minor rewiring to be considered because electricians have to be qualified or demonstrably competent but builders don't, and as proof of that cited cowboy builders who break the law.

Can you explain the logic behind that?

Sponsored Links
That's probably as well, as you don't seem happy with the situation that if you say something which merits closer investigation and upon investigation turns out to be a bit dodgy then it is you who is at fault, not the person pressing you for an explanation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back