lighting wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I looked through the wiring diagrams on the sticky and didn't see what I am trying to achieve and I'm struggling to work out an appropriate wiring scheme at the moment. Materials/access etc are not a problem, the room is a bare shell

I've got 1 room with 2 entrances, standard 2 way switching for 2 ceiling light style outlets; ie both off or both on from either switch. 1 entrance "comes up" into the room and before your at the height of that entrance's 2 way switch I want to have another seperate switch that brings on only the ceiling light at that end of the room, so you can light that end of the room as you come up into the room and see all the other switches and then decide which of the various lighting options you'll chose for the room as a whole afterwards, There'll be various wall lights etc too. (it's a large room).

many thanks in advance for any help given

Sponsored Links
You'll need the ceiling lights independently switched - 2-gang 2-way switches to replace the existing 1-gang ones, and an intermediate switch outside at the foot of the steps for one of them

Or just the latter, and leave the existing switching alone - would it be so terrible if the new switch turned on both ceiling lights?

thank you ban all sheds.

I couldn't see a way of doing it.

It was something that was suggested that she'd like to be able to do by she who (thinks) should be obeyed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back