Lightroom 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have opened up Lightroom and for some reason my slides are all blank, you are unable to see the photograph. I am getting a message could not find folder. This has only happened today as they were all there yesterday. Also all of my collections have disappeared. Does anyone who uses Lightroom know what has happened. Sue

Sponsored Links
Hi, Just replying as you have yet to have a response.

I've not used Lightroom 3 - Last ver I used a while ago was 2.6 I think and I haven't used that for a while.

My first guess would have been you had one of the filters enabled such as only show 'picks' or >4* or something.

Then I read the bit mentioning can't find folder.

It looks like Lightroom cant find the pictures.

First, check you can open your location where the pics are stored and still view them - This shows that the actual pics are OK and it's just Lightrooms settings amiss.

Do you backup your catalogue regular in Lightroom? If so try opening a backup and see if that works.

Also make sure u Always do backups of your personal pics/docs - I learned the hard way many years ago.

I think on the left theres the part where it shows where your pictures are stored in Lightroom - If you have been moving data around on your PC and the pics have been moved, obviously lightroom wont be able to know where it is. From memory I think you can click on one of the parts and theres an option for 'find missing pictures or something, you can then point it to where you have moved them and it will relink everything.

Hopefully you will sort it out, I'd personally go to the lightroom forums for advice on this, but hopefully you are already up and running. :)

Sponsored Links
Back