Lights wired to socket

Define normal please.
I think Sunray has answered my query - looks like there may have been storage heaters in the property on Economy 7 at some point and now the five storage heater FCU's may have been changed to single sockets?

Sponsored Links
Hang on a minute.

Have you actually proved the lights are fed from that socket, in other words have you disconnected any of wires from the socket to prove that is the point where the lights are connected?

There is a distinct possibility the 2 cables at the socket are simply the usual ring circuit arrangement (although I do think they look different sizes) and the lights might connected elsewhere.

I think Sunray has answered my query - looks like there may have been storage heaters in the property on Economy 7 at some point and now the five storage heater FCU's may have been changed to single sockets?
It's been gas central heating since purchased nearly 15 years ago

Hang on a minute.

Have you actually proved the lights are fed from that socket, in other words have you disconnected any of wires from the socket to prove that is the point where the lights are connected?

There is a distinct possibility the 2 cables at the socket are simply the usual ring circuit arrangement (although I do think they look different sizes) and the lights might connected elsewhere.
Yes. I disconnected the neutral feed.

Sponsored Links
This sounds like it's grown from one dodgy light wiring to a full blown investigation and potential consumer box replacement, plus whatever else is found to be non-compliant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back