Lightswitch, neutral and terminal block...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is possible lethal but...
I have a light that i plug in. (Fern Howard Moonlight 2D) it has a moulded plug and works fine. What i want to do though is add a lightswitch. I know the switch is single pole but is it ok to join the neutrals together and do the earthing correctly. I dont want ANYONE saying use a double pole UNLESS it is the only way.

Diagram:

[img=http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6070/switchdiagramwu4.th.png]

Sponsored Links
the lihght you linked to is not suitable to be plugged in, it has no cable restraint.

why not just buy a table lamp?

is it fastened to the wall or ceiling, or what?

Sponsored Links
Man climbs into bed

Says to wife (hard of hearing): "Do you want to go to sleep, or what?"

Wife: "What?"

So long as the light is permanently fixed and the switch connections are made in a suitable enclosure to BS7671, why not just buy an in-line switch and retro fit it??

the light is mounted on the beam going across. do you need a picture to justify???? about the cable grip. the light is mounted so there is no need for a restraint. i dont want a table lamp because in my shed i need light form the top not a little table.
made in a suitable enclosure to BS7671
an backbox...
Why not just buy an in-line switch and retro fit it??
im talking about a lightswitch not a consumer unit.
lightbulb.gif
:p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back