Linea max divertor valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried to replace innards of divertor valve because CH was on when in DHW mode.
I could not withdraw the bobbin and the new one ( correct kit) as it the diameter is larger than the hole into the brass housing.
Called Vokera who say it just puls out but it seems like a physicla impossibility.
Didn't try to out a screw in to focr it out as new one wouldn't have gone it.
Am sure kit is correct.
Anyone got any ideas??
Also the brass fitting in th eplastic outer casing didn't want to unscrew.Thast's easier as I can just get a new one.
Just cleaned push rod and refitted.

Thanks inadvance

DS

Sponsored Links
thin flat blade screwdriver is needed to prise the brass seat out of the diverter block.

the front seal almost never comes out of the plastic cover, I don't even bother trying now, get a new cover and front seal.

Really appeciate this helpful info.
I had wondered what the dark ring on Vokera drawing was as nothing like that came with the service kit.
Do you find it comes out easier when cold??
Any other tips greatffully received.

Excuse the spelling mistakes on last reply.(Didn't use checker)

Interestingly, cleaning the push rod and front seal of 8 yrs of gunk has removed the problem so will leave well alone for time being.

Sponsored Links
if it's not broke don't fix it. :)

keep the kit though, you will need it eventually. can't say i've noticed any difference hot or cold, when you know where to lever it it's simple.

Indeed I shall be leaving it alone.

Your last comment is the $64000 question (showing my age here)

Does this mean it is NOT a case of putting the screwdriver through the aperture and prising it out by levering it against itself??

If not then what might the "secret" of where to lever it be??

I think I remember from this morning that it might sit a bit proud of the main casting.

Get the boiler serviced and all will be fine. One of the main causes of boiler going belly up is lack of proper care and attention.

By the way, boiler cannot be serviced with a brush alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back